Today while I was surfing in the internet I found a recipe Chicken mappas by mariasmenu.com. First I go through the ingredients yeah… everything was there in my kitchen. My family is getting bored of my chicken curry because I usually make this one. but this time every one will change there opinion.
Kerala style Chicken mappas or Nadan kozhi Mappas. Mappas is a typical christian delicacy where chicken cooked in creamy coconut milk with tomatoes and it is a perfect combo with Appam, Kallappam, Vattayappam, Puttu or Roti. You can add this to your everyday menu.
So try it out and let me know what u think about.
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||45 minutes|
|Total time||1 hours, 15 minutes|
|Meal type||Lunch, Side Dish|
- 1 cup Thick coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Corriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/4 cup Curry leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 Chicken breast (cut into cubes)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 6 pieces Small onion
- 1/4 " Ginger
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 3 Medium Green chillies
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 1 cup Medium coconut milk
- Cook the chicken in the medium coconut milk thoroughly.
- After adding thick coconut milk do not over cook, cook only for 5 min.