Today i tried one of my favorite recipe… Neymeen(also called as seer fish, Vanjaram, surmai, Aiykoora) fry. My family likes this dish very much. Neymeen fishes are a delicacy in several regions of South India and Sri Lanka. In Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, this fish is called “Vanjaram” and is usually the costliest variety available. In Sri Lanka it is called “thora”. Also referred to as “king mackerels”.
These fishes are available online, one of the website from where I bought is www.seatohome.com. The fish and came around 11am. I was in a hurry to make this fish fry. I usually buy this as steaks, it is cleaned cut into round shape which is ready to fry. When we buy fish as whole it hard to clean and cut. So this is some what easy.. he he…
So Try this recipe and I am sure that every one will love this. Try it out and let me know what you think about.
Seer fish/ Neymeen/ Surumai fish fry
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
|Meal type||Lunch, Side Dish|
- 2 pieces Seer fish/ Neymeen/ Surumai
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic (finely chopped)
- 15 pieces Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala
- Salt (to taste)
- Marinate the fish for atleast 10 min then only the fish will absorb the masala.
- After the fish fry is done, add lemon juice to it. It will taste good.