Hi friends “Wish you all a very happy Merry Christmas”. Have you started of making cakes for this Christmas? Not yet? don’t worry, today I am going to show a easy Christmas fruit cake or a last minute cake for you. It is alcohol free, less expensive and less time to make. The British fruit cake is traditionally served during the Christmas season. It is full of dried fruits, candid etc.
For this cake you don’t need a blender or food processor to beat the mixture. Once the mixture is boiled and adding flour and beaten eggs into it, simply fold the mixture with the flour. I love flavour of this cake.
Spices also can be adjusted with your taste. So guys start preparing this one right now and enjoy Christmas with this special cake. So try it out and let me know what you think about.
Easy Alcohol-Free Christmas Special Moist Fruit Cake
|Serves||2 medium cakes|
|Prep time||1 hour|
|Cook time||55 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 55 minutes|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Freezable|
- 1 cup Granulated white sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Butter diced
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Seedless raisins (1 cup golden and 1 cup black raisins)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour /Maida
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts
- 1 cup Dates chopped
- 1 teaspoon Orange zest
- 1/4 cup Cherry
- You can sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda in order to prevent forming lumps.
- You can any dry fruits available. You can use add sweetened fruit candids instead for dates.
- Cover and store, if possible, for a few days before serving. It can be frozen also.
- It is alcoholic free and no soaking of dry fruits in wine is done. So it is easy to prepare.