Hi everyone today I am showing you how to prepare a German chocolate cake. The type of chocolate used in the cake is the reason for such a name. German’s Sweet Chocolate is a semi sweet baking chocolate has a mild flavour and sweeter than others. So lets move onto German Chocolate cake. So definitely you will love this cake and for this Christmas you can try this also.
A few notes on ingredients. For cake flour you can use maida or from a soft wheat flour. Dutch processed chocolate should be used but if you cannot find it you can use ordinary chocolate. For preparing butter milk, add one teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice in milk and keep for few hours. For preparing hot coffee, take one teaspoon of instant coffee with 1 cup of water and boil it.
So try it out and let me know what you think about.
German chocolate cake
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cook time||35 minutes|
|Total time||55 minutes|
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Lukewam coffee
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Butter
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Sugar
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 3/4 cups Cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 1/4 cups All purpose flour
- 4oz Semi sweet dark cooking chocolate
- For melting the cooking chocolate, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over the saucepan of simmering water.
- For preparing butter milk, add one teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice in milk and keep for few hours.
- For preparing hot coffee, take one teaspoon of instant coffee with 1 cup of water and boil it.