Today I thought of preparing Kilimeen / Pink Perch fish mulaku curry which is popular in Kerala. My mother is an expert in preparing this fish curry. So I called her and note down the details of this recipe. I am still on the way of making the art of making fish curries. I am learning it one by one. Normally, it is made in clay pot. If you don’t have the pot don’t worry you can use a non stick pan.
In this mulaku curry we won’t use coriander powder, turmeric powder etc. Only Kashmiri red chilli powder is used. So named as “Mulaku Curry”. You can try this with Neymeen / Seer fish or Cobia / Motha. The combination of Tapioca stew and this mulaku curry is the best combination which everyone will like. So make this weekend with this fish curry.
Kilimeen/ Pink Perch fish mulaku curry
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cook time||25 minutes|
|Total time||45 minutes|
|Meal type||Side Dish|
- 1/8 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 15 Large Small onion
- 2 Large Green chillies
- 1/8 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon Red chili powder
- 1/2 cup Curry leaves
- Water (as needed)
- Salt (to taste)
- 3 Large Kilimeen/ Pink Perch fish
- 3 Kudampuli
- Before using kudampuli soak it in a lukewarm water for 10 minutes so that it become soft.
- Kashmiri chilli powder is best for mulaku curry. Ordinary red chilli powder is very hot spicy.