Hi friends…How are you?? Anybody thinking of what to prepare for your family on this weekend?? Ok I will give you a recipe which be your weekend special and you will be getting more appreciation on this recipe. Yes, it is Shrimp / Konchu / Chemeen Theeyal, I know many of you like Konchu theeyal very much. Theeyal and white rice is the best combination.
Now about the preparation, different people prepare the theeyal in many different ways. I am showing you a unique style that my grandmother used to prepare for us. Usually we add potatoes, brinjal, snake gourd, cucumber. While others add only snake gourd, cucumber.
I am sure you will definitely like this recipe a lot. So try it out and let me know what you think about.
Shrimp / Konchu / Chemeen Theeyal
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||20 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
|Meal type||Side Dish|
- 1/2 cup Shrimp/ konchu/ chemeen
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut (finely grated)
- 7 pieces Small onion
- 4-5 cloves Garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 Medium Onion (cut into squares)
- 1 Small Brinjal (cut into squares)
- 2 Large Tomato (cut into squares)
- 1/4 Cup Cucumber (cut into squares)
- 1/4 cup Potato (cut into squares)
- 1/4 cup Snake gourd (cut into squares)
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper powder
- Curry leaves (a few)
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (as needed)
- While frying the grated coconut, fry it in a low flame, otherwise the inside of coconut will not get fried.
- First cook vegetables and shrimp after that add the masalas.
- If you need less thick gravy you can add more water.
- Instead of tomatoes you can tamarind, but on my experience tomatoes are tastier.