Shrimp roast Kerala style(കൊഞ്ച് /ചെമ്മീൻ ഉലർത്തിയത്) is a spicy tasty roast for rice, chapattis and parottas. I had collected the recipe from my mother and she gave me some tips and tricks also. This recipe can be used to make prawn roast also(Prawn vs shrimp comparison).
While I was calling my mother, she what is today’s special for lunch. Immediately I thought to prepare Konchu ullarthiyathu because It is one of my favorite, I know yours also will be this one. The spicy smell ignites hunger and make us crave for this dish.
Of course my husband is a great fan of this dish and he keep asking me when will you prepare the roast for me. I said “Sure, one day I will make it for you”. At last the day has come, I have prepared the dish together with rice and theeyal(തീയൽ). He loved it a lot. So friends try it out and let me know what you think about.
Shrimp roast Kerala style(Konchu/Chemeen Ullarthiyathu)
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||30 minutes|
|Total time||45 minutes|
|Meal type||Side Dish|
- 1/4kg Shrimp
- 3 Large Onion (finely sliced)
- 2 teaspoons Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (as needed)
- 2 teaspoons Ginger garlic paste
- You can add a little lemon juice for better taste.
- Keep stirring while roasting otherwise it will burn.
- You can add eastern prawn masala also. This also tastes good.