Today I am showing you a very simple Chicken Biriyani with no complicated steps. This recipe is mainly for bachelors who is staying away from home. There are a lots of biriyani’s available in Kerala. This is one which my mother usually prepare for us. We all like her biriyani, so I thought of sharing that recipe to you all.
My mother usually prepare biriyani by making rice and chicken curry separately and then mix all them together. Other make biriyani by cooking rice and chicken together. The first method is some what easier for me. he he..You can make this for any occasion such as birthday party, Christmas etc.
So try it out and let me know what you think about.
Simple Chicken Biriyani
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||1 hour|
|Total time||1 hour, 30 minutes|
- Water (as needed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (as needed)
- 2 Medium Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Cashew nuts and Raisins
- 1 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1/4 cup Spice mix (cardomon, cinnamon, cloves, fennel)
Chicken curry preparation
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic and ginger paste
- 2 Large Onion (finely chopped)
- 4-5 Medium Green chillies
- 1/4 cup Curry leaves
- 4 teaspoons Red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 Medium Tomato
- 1/2kg Chicken
- When frying the onion for seasoning, do not over fry it, it will taste bad.
- When preparing chicken curry do not make it dry.
- While preparing rice add some oil it when the rice is cooked, so that you can stickiness.