Hi friends, today I am showing you a very moist Orange Date Muffins which is a perfect idea for breakfast muffins. This is my first experience in baking with silicone mold. It has many plus when compared with metal mold. Greasing or buttering is not needed in this mold. Very easy to demount the cakes without any breakage.
The ingredients will tell you how moist these cakes are, here we add wheat with all purpose flour makes for a lighter cooler and texture Orange date muffin with more rise. Next we add orange juice and zest which contains the fruit flavor and perfume. butter and butter milk gives a tender crumb.
During photograph sessions, I played with my new camera, taking photos with macro options. Finally it comes out with a better one and I am posting one of the photograph too.
So friends try out this and let me know what you think about.
Moist Orange Date Muffins
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
|Meal type||Breakfast, Snack|
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon Grated orange zest (The outer skin of the orange)
- 1/3 cup Fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Medium Lightly beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Chopped dates
- 1/3 cup Cashew nuts or Walnuts coarsely chopped
- You can use walnuts instead of cashew nuts. I am allergic to walnuts so I used Cashews.
- Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough when baked.