I am a great fan of chilly chicken of Open house restaurant a famous restaurant in my place. So i thought of preparing it my home. I have made it with a taste almost similar to that restaurant. I am sure that you will definitely a fan of this chilly chicken. One of main combination is with parottas. You can also have this with fried rice.
Now about the way to prepare this, two ways one by frying the chicken pieces the other by without frying. You can choose any method. I have shown here is the first method. For second method , mix cornflour and chicken stock together and at step 9, pour this into the gravy. Rest is all the same.
Hope you try this recipe and let me know how it comes out for you.
Chilly Chicken(Kerala restaurant style)
|Prep time||1 hour|
|Cook time||40 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 40 minutes|
|Meal type||Side Dish|
- 1/2kg Chicken with bone (cut into small pieces)
- 3 tablespoons Maida
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 5 Large Onion
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Large Green chillies
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil (as needed)
- I made this chilly chicken after frying the chicken pieces, you can make it without frying.
- When your making this without frying, add the cornflour and chicken in a bowl, mix well and then it to the gravy.
- Sauces can be adjusted with your taste.