Hi friends, today I am showing you how to make Cream Mushroom Mappas. I tried many recipes with mushrooms. You can see this in my older recipes like mushroom biriyani, mushroom masala etc. This gravy is best to serve with Appam and white rice. You can prepare this for your family in this Easter and make your day special.
Mappas is a traditional recipe of Kerala. The gravy is usually made of thick and medium coconut milk. Coriander and pepper powder are the main ingredients of the gravy. Some of them may add cashew paste into the gravy. You can also add the cashew paste if you want to make the gravy more rich.
So try it out and let me know what you think about.
Creamy Mushroom Mappas
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||35 minutes|
|Meal type||Side Dish|
- 200g Mushroom
- 2 Small Onion (finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 Medium Green chillies
- 2 Large Tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1 cup Thick coconut milk
- 1 cup Medium coconut milk
- Salt (as needed)
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Mushroom should be fried till the size become smaller.
- After adding thick coconut milk do not boil it. Switch off the flame after a few second.
- You can add pepper powder at the end of the preparation, it will enhance the taste.