Paneer tikka is a very popular starter among vegetarians. When I used to go team lunch with my colleagues, being a non-veg lover, I always takes the non-vegetarian side group. And I have noticed my vegetarian friends always have this special dish whichever restaurant we visit. I wanted to try make this dish since long time.
This time my husband bought home paneer when he went grocery shopping. Seeing paneer, first thing which came to mind is nothing but paneer tikka and the only paneer dish I have made before is paneer butter masala. So, I tried to make it similar to chicken tikka which I published last year. It came out very good and we had a very good time having this yummy paneer tikka.
Paneer Tikka at Home
|Prep time||1 hour, 15 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 30 minutes|
|Meal type||Snack, Starter|
- 2 cups Paneer cubes
- 1 tablespoon Curd
- 1 tablespoon Butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 6 Cardamom (crushed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Keep turning the skewer so that all sides will be evenly cooked.
- Do not over heat because it will burn the paneer cubes.