Usually, for the anniversary day celebrations, we used to order from nearby bakery. This time for my 4th wedding anniversary, I thought of making it at home. Also I have never tried frosting myself. So thought of trying frosting in this special occasion of my wedding anniversary. Thinking about that, many ideas came into my mind. Wedding being union of two people in love, I chose this heart shape for the cake and the frosting done with roses. An d the final result is what you could see above.
This is a vanilla flavored moist cake. Since vanilla cake with butter cream frosting is popular in anniversary celebrations. This has a light buttery and creamy texture.
I have not tried frosting before. So, I did not had any accessories for frosting with me. So, I ordered piping bag and food color from amazon and bought a spatula for spreading frosting. The food color was coming from US. So, I was worried whether it will reach here on time(before my anniversary!). Gladly it reached a week before and I could use it for making the rose frosting.
I am very happy after making this cake because of this special occasion and due to the success of my first attempt to do frosting. Hope you will also like my wedding anniversary cake and will try it too.
My Wedding Anniversary Cake
|Prep time||1 hour|
|Cook time||35 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 35 minutes|
Vanilla cake recipe
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups Granulated white sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 cups Icing sugar
- 1 cup Unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 2-4 tablespoons milk or Light cream
- Assorted food colors (if desired)
- During the preparation of butter frosting, add more milk or powdered sugar as needed to get the right consistency.
- Start frosting only after the cake cools completely, otherwise the frosting melts off.