Anchovy/ Nethili/ Natholi Meen Vattichathu/Pattichathu is a healthy and tasty everyday recipe from God’s own country, Kerala. These Calcium rich fish is usually feed to small kids. Most of the kids love to eat small fish. Usually in this recipe we use small Anchovy/ Nethili/ Natholi fish to prepare this dry fish curry.
Now I will give a small introduction about the preparation, Anchovy/ Nethili/ Natholi Meen Vattichathu/Pattichathu is made of grated coconut with some spices like cumin seeds, red chilli, coriander powder, ginger, garlic with tamarind paste and tomatoes. Here I used Vaalan puli which give an excellent taste to the curry. If you have problem with digestion you can use Kudampuli/Kokum which is easier for digestion.
My mother used to prepare this at home and we loved to eat. So sharing my mother’s recipe to you and do try and share your comments below.
Anchovy/ Nethili/ Natholi Meen Vattichathu/Pattichathu
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
|Meal type||Side Dish|
- 350g Anchovy/ Nethili/ Natholi (cleaned)
- 3 Small Green chilli
- 1/2 cup Tamarind/ Vaalan puli (soak in water and make into a paste)
- 1 Large Tomatoes (cut into cubes)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch Cumin seeds
- 5-6 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 " Ginger
- 8-10 Shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 1 cup Grated coconut
- Cook the fish in a low flame. The flavors of masalas will enter into the fish to give an excellent taste.
- You can use Kodumpuli/kokum instead of Vaalan puli.