This is my Kakka/ Clam Meat Masala. This is much different from the previously published Kakka thoran in which Coconut is added. I know many people likes chicken masala and this dish is made using similar masala and it came out very well.
My Mother used to make dishes using similar masala and I thought to prepare clam meat using the same masala though clam meat thoran is my favorite.
This is a perfect combo with rice, puttu, rotti, chapati etc. So try it out and let me know what you think about this.
Kakka/ Clam Meat Masala
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||30 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
|Meal type||Side Dish|
- 250g Clam meat
- 1 teaspoon Whole Garam Masala (cinnamon, cardomon etc)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 100g Shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper
- 3 Medium Green chilli
- Curry leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (as needed)
- Cook clam meat for atleast 30 minutes, then only the meat becomes soft.
- You can use onion instead of shallots.