Hi friends, today I made a wonderful traditional dish of Kerala ie, Crab Roast/ ഞണ്ട് Roast. I am a great fan of Crab dishes and I thought one day I will add a crab dish an post on my website. But unfortunately I could not make it. We are staying in Bangalore and crab was not available every time in our area. So I am waiting for that day.
When my husband went outside to purchase some stuffs for aquarium, he accidentally found the shop which sells the sea foods. He bought me the crab and he told me to prepare his favorite crab roast. I made it for him, and he told me that it is excellent. Next time, I will try to make Crab in coconut gravy and crab mango curry. So stay tuned for these recipes.
So try this Kerala Crab Roast/ Njandu Roast and let me know what you think about.
Kerala Crab Roast/ Njandu Roast
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||20 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
|Meal type||Side Dish|
- 300g Crab (cleaned and cut into pieces)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 10-15 Shallots
- 1 Medium Onion (finely sliced)
- 2 Large Green chili
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 Large Tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Meat masala
- 1/2 cup Thick coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Curry leaves
- Salt (as needed)
- Oil (as needed)
- Roast the crab till oil separate from the masala which gives the original texture of crab roast.