Hi everybody, today I am showing you how to make an excellent fish curry using Mathi /Chala /Sardine. I think all of you like to eat Mathi /Chala /Sardine fry or curry. I have already posted recipe for Mathi /Chala /Sardine fish fry. Check it out and prepare it at home for your family. Many of them are searching for Mathi /Chala /Sardine recipes through internet. So I thought I should make more recipes and share with others.
Mathi /Chala /Sardine are are rich in vitamins and minerals. Vitamins which help in metabolism and proper function of nervous system also contained in Mathi fish. I contains omega 3 fatty acids which lowers the blood sugar level. So prepare this to your family and keep them healthy. Also making curry is always healthier than fry though fry tastes better.
So friends try it out and let me know what you think about.
Mathi /Chala /Sardine fish curry
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
|Meal type||Side Dish|
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 20 Shallots (cut into pieces)
- 3 Medium Green chilli (cut into pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 3 pieces Kudampuli/ kokum (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- 1 Large Tomato (cut into pieces)
- 400g Mathi/ Chala/ Sardine (cleaned)
- 3/4 cups Medium coconut milk
- Oil (as needed)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 6 Shallots (finely sliced)
- 3 Dry red chili
- 1/4 cup Curry leaves
- You should be very careful while adding powders, lower the flame and saute. Otherwise masalas will burn and make your gravy bitter.
- You can mix the masala powders with water, and make them into a paste and then add.