The word ‘Braai’ means ‘Barbecue’. This is the common word used by South Africans for barbecuing/ grilling. There are many techniques for making Braai chicken. One of them is charcoal grilling/ barbecuing. Here I have used an electric barbecue for making this yummy chicken drumstick. This is perfect for casual outdoor ‘Braais’ where family and friends get together.
Here I have adapted a Braai spice powder using eight ingredients. Garlic, Coriander, Paprika, Pepper, Parsley, Cloves, Salt and Cumin. Grind the ingredients and rub it on the chicken pieces. Marinate for hours and grill it. While pork preparation you can skip the ingredient Cloves and add two ingredients Mustard seeds and Nutmeg.
So friends try it out and let me know what you think about.
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||50 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
- 2-3 tablespoons Barbecue sauce-Texas style
- 4 pieces Chicken drumsticks
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika/ Red chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried parsley
- 6 pieces Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- Salt (to taste)
- Braai spice preparation is easy and you can add an extra ingredient nutmeg for meat barbecuing. And mustard seeds for the pork preparation.
- Marinate for atleast 3-4 hours. Overnight marination is advisable.
- Apply barbecue sauce only after the chicken cooked. Otherwise the outside layer may turn brown and inside will not be properly cooked.